Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wiki Reflection

While completing the Wiki project I felt more pressure than ever before to make sure my information was accurate and up to date. The information included on the pages would not only be read by Scot, but could potentially be read by a number of fellow students that may go on to use the information in projects of their own. When this project is completed I believe it has the ability to be a very valuable resource.
My contribution to the Wiki project centered around Image Editing, specifically Adobe Photoshop. Unlike some of my other classmates, I had the luxury of Photoshop being done by a previous student. As a result, I centered my contributions around editing the previous material as well as making sure the information was up to date. I made an addition to the image editing cover page, that explained the variety of uses that image editing software that can have. I also added a small section on the availability of the software. When the project started one of my main goals was to change the picture on the cover page, but I was unable to find a better replacement and my novice skills in photoshop prevented me from creating one. To the main Photoshop page I centered my work on the different versions of Photoshop. I added sections on CS3 and CS4 as well as Adobe Photoshop elements. My main editing change was removing the alternative version information presented by the prior contributor. This information was out of date and the link no longer existed. Instead, I added information on a free trial you can use from the Adobe website.
The next step for the Wiki project is to simply keep adding new material on different resources that are available, both open-source and for-purchase. As far as Adobe Photoshop is concerned, I think the material concering background and tools is sufficient, but it should continually be kept up to date when discussing the new versions and advancements in technology. I think a possible addition other than editing programs would be to add a section the topics we discuss in class. It would be neat to see a section devoted to the philosophical theories that revolve around different technologies. This section would add to not only the Wiki site, but could possible be used as a resource by future English 201 students to view a background on the histories and postions of these theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment