Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where's the Place to Be?

Hey 201'ers

Spring is here! Finally, consecutive days of nice weather has occurred. As a 5th year I am aware of the standard places to grab a beer and some scenery, for example the terrace, Beer Garderns of the great dane and brats. But, what I'm looking for is a hidden gem. A place to go where the scenery is maybe just as good without the crowds and the lines. So, I am enlisting the help of you guys, do you have any places that I might not be aware of?

Secondly on my Blog agenda for this week is the classes feelings on the reality show that has come to campus, "College Life" There was talk of this in class the other day, but I would like to continue the discussion. I think it is maybe the worst show on TV, rivaling what ever number dating show Bret Michaels is on. To get sidetracked for a bit, I will be honest, I really liked the first version of Rock of Love. But, now the man that should have gone down in history as the great song writer of "Every Rose has its Thorn" is going to be known to this generation as the 80's burnout with a string of ridiculous dating shows. "College Life" simply continues the tradition of MTV reality shows. It is the Midwests version of Laguna Beach, except with snow and the actors aren't as attractive.

Seeya in class, good luck on the research paper. Peace.

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. I loved the show, I’m going to watch every week. The fact that we talk about it so much definitely adds an appeal to the show. I propose we talk about it in every class, because I do think it adds another dimension to the university (albeit one that makes my degree worth nothing)….

    Shuhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think "college life" is probably one of the worst ideas ever! I didn't watch the show, but the trailer for it looked stupid enough!

    ReplyDelete